BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
The Mission of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School, which is Jesuit, Catholic, and Interfaith, is to provide an excellent college preparatory education by preparing its students for a lifetime of leadership in service to others as men and women who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice. In pursuit of the Mission, Brebeuf Jesuit affirms two essential principles: the education of the whole person and the care of the person.
The Head Coach for Dance is the lead agent for a key program at our school, whereby the coach purposefully leads student-athletes by living out the mission of Brebeuf Jesuit and the Athletic Department’s core values transformational through the InsideOut Initiative within an education-based focus.
This position reports to the Athletic Director.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Create an engaging and welcoming environment that challenges and meets the needs of all students
- Collaborate with colleagues within and beyond one’s team, as well as school counselors and other educators, in a collegial atmosphere to foster the “whole-person” development of every student
- Participate in a technology-rich teaching and learning environment, including 1:1 Bring Your Own Technology for all students
- Actively and regularly engage parents in communication about student-athlete progress.
- Participate in individual, departmental and school-wide professional development which are supported by school funds
- Participate in and support the religious life and the extracurricular life of the students and the school
- Act as a personal example of those attributes to which we call our students (the “Grad at Grad”): open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice
- Use sound proven methods of coaching and display knowledge and innovation of sport
- Maintain competency in rules, rule interpretations, game operations, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport, IHSDTA, and NFHS
- Design, oversee, and administrate highly structured off-season programs
- Exhibit acceptable personal conduct and appearance before, during, and after practice and contests
- Support all levels of theprogram at Brebeuf Jesuit
- Recruitment, administration and evaluation ofassistant coaching staff
- Work closely with admissions officers to identify, attract and enroll student-athletes
- Duties as assigned by the Brebeuf Jesuit athletic administration
- Work with other coaches to facilitate multi-sport athletes, and with school staff to facilitate students’ pursuit of academic development and faith formation
- Model all points of the Coaches’ Pledge
- Model Brebeuf Jesuit’s Mission Statement and Core Values
- Report directly to the Athletic Director
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of head coaching experience
- Evidence of strong interpersonal, management, computer, and communication skills
- Evidence of collaborative leadership
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesuits and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
- 2+ years of professional responsibility in secondary education
- Collegiate and/or professional dancing and/or coaching experience
- Experience in school athletic program administration
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: Friday, April 12, 2019. Please send resume, cover letter and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in the subject line of all emails: Applicant first and last name, re: Head Dance Coach.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.