BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
The Mission of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School, which is Jesuit, Catholic, and Interfaith, is to provide an excellent college preparatory education by preparing its students for a lifetime of leadership in service to others as men and women who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice. In pursuit of the Mission, Brebeuf Jesuit affirms two essential principles: the education of the whole person and the care of the person.
Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for organizing and implementing a successful advancement program that impacts the annual and long-range goals of the School. The position is charged to provide leadership to the areas of Capital Campaign, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Annual Giving, Alumni Relations, and Stewardship.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Provide management supervision to the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations.
- Oversee ongoing improvements to advancement operations, including fund development, campaign management, special events, stewardship and constituency development, alumni programming and engagement initiatives.
- Lead a comprehensive fundraising effort that uses both volunteer and staff driven initiatives, including annual fund, special events, major gifts, capital campaigns and planned giving.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 prospects with 50% of workload being dedicated to prospect management.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President in the utilization of the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees to develop and monitor a long range plan for advancement operations and fund goal development.
- Coordinate and oversee fundraising efforts with other school departments and volunteer organizations, i.e. the Athletic department, student clubs, the Mothers Association, the Dads Club and the Alumni Board.
- Working in tandem with the President and Senior Vice President on development of capital campaign initiatives.
- Participate in the life of the Brebeuf Jesuit community, the Greater Indianapolis community and the Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA) by attending events, programs, meetings and other gatherings where opportunities exist to represent the school to prospects, donors, community leaders and friends.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working closely with volunteer committees
- Five to seven years of experience in not-for-profit institutions
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesuits and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
- Demonstrated success closing gifts of $10,000 and higher
- Proven ability to raise significant funds to goals of a strategic plan
- Masters degree in an area allied to philanthropy or Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: April 30, 2019
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.