BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Academic Counselors at Brebeuf Jesuit are advocates and mentors for their students in their academic success and in the education of the whole person.
This position reports to the Director of Academic Counseling.
Start date for this position will be August 2021.
Academic Counselor Job Description
Click here to download a packet to learn more about this position.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Scheduling of academic courses and assisting with the master schedule.
- Maintain 4-year plans with each student.
- Monitor Core 40 and Core 40 with Academic Honors Diploma status.
- Coordinate and participate in parent-teacher conferences.
- Participate in educational case conferences.
- Provide personal and social counseling, including appropriate referral as needed.
- Teach Freshman Seminar, a small group approach to transitional issues with incoming freshmen.
- Actively pursue professional development opportunities to enhance personal and departmental growth.
- Understand and follow local and state educational guidelines and requirements.
- Adhere to ethical standards of the state and national counselor associations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Indiana Licensed School Counselor
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Prior experience as a school counselor
- Master’s degree
- Prior experience with Rediker software
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesus and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.