BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
College Counseling Assistant
The college counseling assistant supports five college counselors in a variety of administrative duties, event planning, department communication and other duties as assigned. This position serves as the primary contact person for college admission representatives, manages college counseling software, and is the point of contact for families and students.
This position reports to the Director of College Counseling.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Provide administrative support to College Counseling staff.
- Upload college application supporting materials for seniors.
- Coordinate on-campus college visits, serving as initial point-of-contact for admissions representatives visiting Brebeuf.
- Maintain college contact database, student records, and other information in Naviance. Serve as Naviance point person for students and parents.
- Assist with college counseling events such as College Evenings with parents at each grade level, Evening with Colleges event, JET Tour, Financial Aid Evening, etc.
- Manage communication efforts for College Counseling.
- Maintain and update print files, communication pieces (e.g. transcripts, Brebeuf School Profile for colleges).
- Manage summer program information to ensure parents and students are aware of various opportunities.
- Maintain NCAA Eligibility Center information (e.g. Brebeuf course information, send transcripts to the Eligibility Center`).
- Complete reports requested by school administrators and Director of College Counseling.
- Develop graduation program and honors program information in conjunction with Principal’s Office.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite & web-based programs
- Proven event planning and management
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesuits and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
- Understanding of Naviance & other similar programs strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but other professional experience will be considered
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: June 28, 2019.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.