BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
The Mission of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School, which is Jesuit, Catholic, and Interfaith, is to provide an excellent college preparatory education by preparing its students for a lifetime of leadership in service to others as men and women who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice. In pursuit of the Mission, Brebeuf Jesuit affirms two essential principles: the education of the whole person and the care of the person.
College Counseling Assistant
The college counseling assistant supports five college counselors in a variety of administrative duties, event planning, department communication and other duties as assigned. This position serves as the primary contact person for college admission representatives, manage college counseling software, and is the point of contact for families and students.
This position reports to the Director of College Counseling.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Provide administrative support to the Director of College Counseling and College Counseling team.
- Oversee the college admissions representative visit calendar: including staffing, making appointments, confirming classroom/meeting space for all visits, posting announcements, assisting with meet-and-greet of visitors, hosting visits, taking attendance, and follow-up.
- Maintain college contact database, student records, and other information in Naviance and SCOIR. Serve as Naviance and SCOIR point person for students and parents. Upload college application supporting materials for seniors.
- Assist with college counseling events such as College Evenings with parents at each grade level, Evening with Colleges, JET Tour, Financial Aid Evening, Bus tour etc. Serve as liaison with facilities, athletics, Mothers Association, and other faculty/staff/community constituents.
- Manage communication efforts for College Counseling – newsletters, social media, etc. Maintain and update print files, communication pieces (e.g. transcripts, Brebeuf School Profile for colleges).
- Track and monitor a wide range of student activity and special programs, including college counseling meetings, college applications and offers, teacher recommendations, summer program and scholarship opportunities.
- Maintain NCAA Eligibility Center information (e.g. Brebeuf course information, send transcripts to the Eligibility Center`).
- Design and develop reports requested by school administrators and Director of College Counseling. Enhance and maintain data management and record-keeping systems related to college application and admission statistics, department budgets, and college library resources.
- Develop a graduation program and honors program information in conjunction with the Principal’s Office.
- The College Counseling Assistant’s daily responsibilities will vary during different times of the academic year.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion.
- Extensive public relations and responsible parent and student contact is an essential and very substantial requirement of this position.
- Must be able to flourish in a high energy, fast paced high school environment and be able to work independently as well as within College Counseling team.
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite & web-based programs
- Proven experience in event planning and management, public relations, and outreach/communication.
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesuits and its role in education.
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent computer literacy skills including proficiency in using Microsoft Office products, Virtual Meeting platforms, Adobe or other design programs, Scoir or Naviance software.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: June 1, 2020
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.