BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
The Mission of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School, which is Jesuit, Catholic, and Interfaith, is to provide an excellent college preparatory education by preparing its students for a lifetime of leadership in service to others as men and women who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice. In pursuit of the Mission, Brebeuf Jesuit affirms two essential principles: the education of the whole person and the care of the person.
Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations
The Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations leads all aspects of Brebeuf Jesuit’s annual campaign for The Brebeuf Fund and other annual giving initiatives, from direct mail to reunion giving to personal outreach. The Director also serves as the primary staff liaison for the Alumni Board, working with Board leadership to implement their annual operations, and serves as the staff lead for all reunion programming and alumni communications. This position reports to the Executive Director of Advancement.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Develop and implement a formal operations plan for The Brebeuf Fund and other annual giving initiatives that includes direct mail, telemarketing, e-solicitations, stewardship, volunteer opportunities, reunion giving, and leadership giving opportunities. Specific campaigns include Philanthropy Week/Giving Day; Giving Tuesday, Gratitude Day, Thankathon, and Bravewalk.
- Serve as the staff liaison for the the Alumni Board of Directors, guiding and managing their annual operations including requirements for quarterly meetings; staffing committees; producing any collaborative materials; and ensuring strong productive relationships between its members and the Advancement, Academic, and Administrative leadership.
- Guide and fully participate in all Alumni Board events including the Braves Open, Alumni Awards and Hall of Fame, and other events hosted by the Board; and special events that generate revenue for The Brebeuf Fund, including the annual President’s Dinner, Trivia Night, Bistro, and Magis Society event.
- Manage an active portfolio of 50-100 donors/alumni/prospects, including the class agents in Reunion years and alumni event sponsors.
- Establish and build relationships to engage and cultivate a wide range of alumni – locally, regionally and nationally – via reunion planning and implementation, personal outreach, email blasts, alumni web pages, events, and printed communications. Specific events include Homecoming Weekend and Class Reunions.
- Work closely with the Executive Director for Advancement and Database Operations team on prospect identification, research and cultivation for annual giving, and contributing input regarding donors for school campaigns, i.e. capital and endowment.
- Actively pursue professional development opportunities to enhance personal and departmental growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to philanthropy
- Three to five years of experience in not-for-profit institutions
- Ability to excel in a team environment and also work autonomously
- Sensitivity to diversity
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as assigned and with advance notice
- Previous experience working in non-profit development, marketing, and/or alumni relations and with volunteers.
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesus and its role in education
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.