BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
The Hardware Technician will perform hardware and software installation and maintenance, handle tier one and two technical network and desktop issues, and maintain integrated classroom technology. This is an excellent hands-on opportunity for someone wishing to gain experience in hardware and software installation, maintenance of an institution-wide helpdesk system, and solving technical issues in a collaborative team environment in the dynamic field of educational technology. Salary and benefits commensurate with an introductory level technology position.
Position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining end-user hardware, including PCs, laptops, printers and phones
- Coordinating the Brebeuf Jesuit Helpdesk, including routing/assigning tickets, responding to service requests for staff and students, and documenting completed tasks
- Purchasing and maintaining an inventory of supplies and replacement parts
- Working with the technology team to implement IT initiatives throughout the campus, including assisting with inventory, device deployment, imaging, and installation and maintenance of low-voltage cabling
- Maintaining classroom technology including AV and computer equipment and peripherals
- Maintaining technical knowledge and attending workshops/conferences/courses to increase knowledge of the school’s needs
Qualified candidates with education or experience in Educational Technology may also be considered for some duties and responsibilities in that field including:
- Conducting trainings on software or hardware for small groups or individuals
- Coordinating a training calendar of regular professional development offerings with the Chief Information Officer
- Producing a regular newsletter of updates and activities in the field of Educational Technology for the school teachers and staff
- Knowledge of:
- Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and other operating systems used in the school.
- Microsoft Office, gSuite, and other productivity tools
- Ability to analyze, research, and resolve technology issues
- Ability to adapt to and prioritize multiple projects and simultaneous help requests
- Show appropriate initiative and ability to work independently on projects
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally both in person and in writing
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- Moderate physical requirements include the ability to lift 30 lbs. and flexibility to kneel, crawl, and reach behind desks
- A+ or Net+ certifications or the experiential or educational equivalent
- Experience in Educational technology or helpdesk support fields
- Experience teaching or working in a school environment
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: Thursday, August 1, 2019.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.