BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Head Girls Volleyball Coach
The Head Coach for Girls Volleyball is the lead agent for a key program at our school. The coach purposefully leads student-athletes by living out the mission of Brebeuf Jesuit and the Athletic Department’s core values in being transformational through the InsideOut Initiative with an education-based focus.
This position reports to the Athletic Director.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Create an engaging and welcoming environment that challenges and meets the needs of all students
- Collaborate with colleagues within and beyond one’s team, as well as school counselors and other educators, in a collegial atmosphere to foster the “whole-person” development of every student
- Participate in a technology-rich teaching and learning environment, including 1:1 Bring Your Own Technology for all students
- Actively and regularly engage parents in communication about student-athlete progress.
- Participate in individual, departmental and school-wide professional development which are supported by school funds
- Participate in and support the religious life and the extracurricular life of the students and the school
- Act as a personal example of those attributes to which we call our students (the “Grad at Grad”): open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice
- Use sound proven methods of coaching and display knowledge and innovation of sport
- Maintain competency in rules, rule interpretations, game operations, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport, IHSAA, AVCA, and NFHS
- Design, oversee, and administrate highly structured off-season programs
- Exhibit acceptable personal conduct and appearance before, during, and after practice and contests
- Support all levels of the program at Brebeuf Jesuit
- Recruitment, administration and evaluation of assistant coaching staff
- Work closely with admissions officers to identify, attract and enroll student-athletes
- Duties as assigned by the Brebeuf Jesuit athletic administration
- Work with other coaches to facilitate multi-sport athletes, and with school staff to facilitate students’ pursuit of academic development and faith formation
- Model all points of the Coaches’ Pledge
- Model Brebeuf Jesuit’s Mission Statement and Core Values
- Report directly to the Athletic Director
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of head coaching experience
- Evidence of strong interpersonal, management, computer, and communication skills
- Evidence of collaborative leadership
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesus and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
- 2+ years of professional responsibility in secondary education
- Collegiate and/or professional volleyball playing and/or coaching experience
- Experience in school athletic program administration
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: Friday, June 14, 2019. Please send resume and three (3) references to email@example.com. Please include the following in the subject line of all emails: Applicant first and last name, re: Head Girls Volleyball Coach.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.