BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
The Human Resource Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs and is responsible for the implementation and management of all human resource and payroll functions.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
HR Manager Job Description
Click here to download a packet to learn more about this position.
- Collaborate with CFO in development and assessment of school staffing plans. Draft, revise, and update job descriptions and other related documentation.
- Develop and advise on internal policies, procedures and practices.
- Coordinate search and screen process for faculty and staff. Responsible for posting all open positions and assist hiring managers by evaluating applicant resumes/CV. Manage interview process by conducting initial screening interviews and making recommendations to hiring managers on initial candidates. Works in collaboration with DEI Director to ensure a more diverse applicant pool.
- Serve as the point person for all new employees and candidates and manage HR process from beginning to ending stage (i.e. onboarding, background checks and safe parish training).
- Ensure compliance with all related school policies, procedures and practices.
- Exercise confidentiality and security of all personnel and financial information.
- Serve as first line employee relations consultant for all faculty and staff.
- Explain policies; facilitate conflict-resolution conversations between employer and employee. Collaborate with DEI Director when necessary.
- Prepare and process recruitment packets on topics such as benefits, FMLA, ADA, Short/Long term Disability, Workman’s Compensation, grievances and other employee related topics. Tracks leave.
- Stay abreast of HR industry changes (i.e. state, local and national) through professional development opportunities.
- Manage and maintain performance management records (i.e. annual performance reviews, PIP, etc).
- Manage and process payroll (including benefit changes and confirming year-end process).
- Maintain internal staff attendance records and human resource files for all faculty and staff.
- Coordinate and process promotion process for faculty and staff.
- Develops and distributes all contracts for faculty, staff and coaching personnel.
- Maintain and update all HR related databases.
- Manage benefit programs and process yearly open enrollment and life event enrollment
- Works with CFO and Broker in new plan year benefit selection and administration.
- Represent school on HR related committees
- Develop and coordinate HR related professional development trainings.
- Coordinate with DEI Director to conduct HR/DEI trainings.
- Serve as Title IX investigator
- Plan and coordinate Benefit related events (i.e. Health Fair, Vaccine Clinics, Employee Wellness Program)
- Prepare and present HR related training, job improvement, and morale booster activities for employees.
- In coordination with Director of Facilities, oversee OSHA training for school.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, Accounting or equivalent
- 3-5 years of Human Resources, Benefits and Payroll experience
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- SHRM Certification
- Experience with HRIS Paylocity
- Experience within an educational school environment
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application Deadline: January 29, 2022
Brebeuf Jesuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.