BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Learning Center Teacher
This position reports to the Learning Center Director and Assistant Principal.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Lead assistance for students in all levels of mathematics as well as introductory chemistry and physics.
- Communicate with teachers and parents on a consistent basis, as determined by the individual student’s needs.
- Teach and model study skills and organizational skills such as a daily planner and subject notebooks.
- Set expectations and be available to help students meet deadlines for assignments.
- Teach and reinforce technology skills necessary to be successful at Brebeuf Jesuit.
- Understand educational evaluations and the documentation required for academic accommodations.
- Participate in departmental and school-wide professional development initiatives (examples: curriculum mapping, diversity training, Ignatian education workshops, technology training).
- Teach and lead students in accordance with Ignatian educational principles and the mission of Brebeuf Jesuit.
- Have a fluency in multiple intelligences and techniques for adapting to individual learning styles.
- Understand transition planning to help students move successfully into college level academics.
- Be committed to further education in areas pertinent to the needs of students in the Learning Center.
- Be involved in multiple areas of the school, joining faculty/staff committees when possible, participating in collegiality events and supporting student activities.
- Master’s degree
- Indiana Teaching License
- Degree in mathematics and/or physical sciences
- Sensitivity to diversity
- Prior experience with exceptional needs students
- Prior experience in diverse working community
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: June 17, 2019.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.