BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
The Mission of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School, which is Jesuit, Catholic, and Interfaith, is to provide an excellent college preparatory education by preparing its students for a lifetime of leadership in service to others as men and women who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice. In pursuit of the Mission, Brebeuf Jesuit affirms two essential principles: the education of the whole person and the care of the person.
The Receptionist is responsible for the management of the front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. This position serves as the first point of contact for the School. Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative assistance across the organization, utilizing security protocols for guest who enter and exit the building, coordinate front-desk activities, distribute correspondence, and redirect phone calls. This position reports to the Business Office.
Position Start Date: January 28, 2019
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Greet and welcome guests as they arrive to campus.
- Create an engaging and welcoming environment.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate location.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone-email.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitoring logbook, issuing visitor badges.)
- Manage correspondence for the daily/weekly student announcements.
- Assist various administrative offices with clerical duties such as data entry, list management, mailing preparations, etc.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Punctual and dependable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to take on administrative tasks
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesuits and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: January 25, 2019
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.