BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Spanish Teacher (part-time)
The Spanish Teacher position is a part-time teaching position with a start date of August 2021. The position is for the academic year, and the duties include teaching three classes per semester and other school duties as assigned. Courses could include any combination of levels I and/or II. This position reports to the Department Chair and the Principal.
Brebeuf actively seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty and develop an inclusive community therefore underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Spanish Teacher Job Description
Click here to download a packet to learn more about this position.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Create an engaging and welcoming classroom environment that challenges and meets the needs of all students.
- Work closely with team teachers and a dynamic Spanish curriculum that focuses on ACTFL proficiencies and standards.
- Collaborate with colleagues within and beyond one’s academic department, as well as school counselors and other educators, in a collegial atmosphere to foster the “whole-person” development of every student.
- Participate in a technology-rich teaching and learning environment, including 1:1 Bring Your Own Technology for all students.
- Actively and regularly engage parents in communication about student progress.
- Participate in individual, departmental and school-wide professional development which are supported by school funds.
- Participate in and support the religious life and the extracurricular life of the students and the school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the teaching content area
- Indiana Teaching License in the content area
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Master’s Degree in the content area or related field, or willingness to pursue a Master’s Degree
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesus and its role in education
- Desire to develop one’s own faith and to bring it to bear in one’s work as an educator
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: May 20, 2021
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.