BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Mathematics Teacher (Maternity Leave Sub)
Are you a creative thinker that wants to bring innovative approaches to helping students find a passion for math? Are you looking to join a team that strives to provide the best educational experience for its students? Are you eager to work with students from all backgrounds? Are you interested in working at one of the most prestigious college-preparatory academic institutions in Indiana? If so, we’d love for you to apply! We are looking for someone eager to use advanced mathematics as a tool by which students are challenged to communicate ideas clearly and effectively as well as strengthen their ability to think analytically. This position reports to the principal and department chair. Position will be from Mid-October through December 17, 2021.
Mathematics Teacher (Maternity Leave Sub) Job Description
Click here to download a packet to learn more about this position.
- Create an engaging and welcoming classroom environment which challenges and meets the needs of all students.
- Committed to the school’s vision on equity and inclusion and able to reflect that inside of the classroom
- Create lessons that challenge students to create a clear communication of ideas and help them understand the importance of doing so.
- Provide the foundation necessary to authentically engage in the physical sciences, data sciences, and other areas of applied mathematics.
- Prepare students for the rigors of university-level mathematics.• Hone students’ analytical thinking skills and further ability to reason deductively.
- Collaborate with colleagues within and beyond one’s academic department, as well as school counselors and other educators, in a collegial atmosphere to foster the “whole-person” development of every student.
- Participate in a technology-rich teaching and learning environment, including 1:1 Bring Your Own Technology for all students.
- Actively and regularly engage parents in communication about student progress.
- Participate in individual, departmental and school-wide professional development which are supported by school funds.
- Participate in and support the religious life and the extracurricular life of the students and the school.
- Act as a personal example of those attributes to which we call our students (the “Grad at Grad”): open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the teaching content area
- Indiana Teaching License in the content area (or working toward completion)
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Master’s Degree in the content area or related field, or willingness to pursue a Master’s Degree
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesus and its role in education
- Desire to develop one’s own faith and to bring it to bear in one’s work as an educator
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application Deadline: September 17, 2021
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.