BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Spanish Teacher – Maternity Leave
The Spanish teacher position is a full-time teaching position with a start date of mid-August 2020 and will finish approximately mid- to late December 2020. Duties include a full-time teaching load with five Spanish classes, levels 3 & 4 Honors, and other school duties as assigned. This position reports to the World Language Department Chair and Principal.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Maintain a 90%+ Target language usage in the classroom, by both teacher and students
- Create an engaging and welcoming classroom environment that challenges and meets the needs of all students.
- Participate in a technology-rich teaching and learning environment, including 1:1 Bring Your Own Technology for all students.
- Flexibility to adjust to potential need for a virtual learning/hybrid environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues within and beyond one’s academic department, as well as school counselors and other educators, in a collegial atmosphere to foster the “whole-person” development of every student.
- Actively and regularly engage parents in communication about student progress.
- Participate in individual, departmental and school-wide professional development that are supported by school funds.
- Participate in and support the religious life and the extracurricular life of the students and the school.
- Act as a personal example of those attributes to which we call our students (the “Grad at Grad”): open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in the teaching content area
- Indiana Teaching License in the content area
- Working knowledge of ACTFL standards and modes
- Master’s Degree in the content area or related field
- Familiarity with Google Classroom, EdPuzzle, FlipGrid and other online classroom tools
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesus and its role in education
- Desire to develop one’s own faith and to bring it to bear in one’s work as an educator
Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: June 26, 2020.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.