Freshman Seminar is assigned to all freshmen for both fall and spring semesters of their first year.
The purpose of the seminar is to aid the student’s transition into the high school setting and to begin preparing the student to make post-secondary education plans.
This course is graded on a Pass/Fail basis. Attendance is mandatory.
Topics Covered in Freshman Seminar
- Study Skills
- Learning Styles
- Getting Involved in Clubs
- Healthy Relationships
- Graduation Requirements and Diploma Options
- Preparation for Final Exams
- Scheduling for the Following Year
- Career Assessment
- Goal Setting
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)