Andy Penca’s Visit With the Ignatian Scholars
On Friday, November 30, 2018, Mr. Andy Penca gave an inspired talk to the Ignatian Scholars, detailing the trials and tribulations of a life intentionally lived outside of his comfort zone. From his travels and work in Australia, China, and many other countries in Asia, Mr. Penca discussed both the benefits and drawbacks to moving his whole family to countries where they often didn’t speak a word of the native tongue.
To learn more about Mr. Penca’s background, as well as his successful career, click here.
Throughout his passionate talk, Mr. Penca left the scholars with several valuable pieces of life advice, including:
- Think long-term. Life is long, and short-sighted thinking regarding career choices and/or lack of planning can get one into trouble.
- Employers are looking for more than just test scores and GPA, so pay attention to the other facets of your life and get involved in activities that you are passionate about.
- Be nice to others. You never know what struggles someone may be going through.
- Be in the moment. Don’t always be looking ahead, but enjoy the journey you are going through now.
- Leverage your strengths. Identify what you are good at, and make sure you play to those strengths whenever possible.
We want to thank Mr. Penca for offering his valuable time amidst his busy schedule to talk to the Ignatian Scholars!