Due to Brebeuf Jesuit’s campus closure, we are moving to virtual placement auditions for incoming Class of 2024 band, orchestra, choir, and piano students for the 2020-2021 school year! We are disappointed that we did not have the chance to meet you in person, but we are looking forward to hearing your audition performances. For incoming students who still need to schedule or submit their virtual placement auditions, please review the directions for recording and submitting your virtual placement audition. We appreciate your patience with the change to the process, and please contact us with any questions or difficulties. Virtual placement auditions should be submitted or scheduled before Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
Director of Bands and Orchestras
Director of Choirs and General Music
Directions for your Virtual Placement Auditions:
Band and Orchestra Auditions
Please click the link below and scroll to find and perform the performance music for your instrument:
Choir Placement Auditions
Ladies – Goodnight, My Someone (m.1-23)
- Sheet music: Goodnight My Someone_Ladies
- Recording: Goodnight My Someone-The Music Man
- Accompaniment: Goodnight My Someone-Accomp
Gentlemen – The Impossible Dream (m.1-18)
- Sheet music: Impossible Dream_Men
- Recording: 13 The Impossible Dream
- Accompaniment: The Impossible Dream_2_Accomp
All – Gloria (refrain); learn your voice part (soprano, alto, tenor, bass)
- Sheet music: Gloria_SAB
- Recording: Gloria_Mass of Joy and Peace
- Accompaniment: Gloria_Accomp
(Ladies, please record this twice–both the soprano and the alto part.)
Piano Placement Auditions
Please play a solo piece in your repertoire that best displays your skills. Please introduce the piece at the beginning of your video submission.
Also, play The Spinning Song
- Sheet music: The Spinning Song
Directions for Recording and Submitting your Audition Video:
- Auditions should be filmed as if they were live performances. Be prepared. Convo dress is recommended.
Boys: Dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes, tie and belt.
Girls: Dress, skirt, (must touch the knee) or dress pants with an appropriate top, and dress shoes
- Be mindful of adequate lighting and video quality. Ensure that you are recording in a well-lit room, and do not stand in front of a window. Record in a common area of your home, and to ensure steady footage, consider using a tripod or a stable surface for your camera.
- Please begin your recording by stating your full name at the beginning, and please save your video with your first initial and last name.
- For choir students only, a) download and complete the Vocal Assessment Form. Save and email directly to Mr. Tippel. b) Use the accompaniment track for your virtual audition recording.
- Review the audition submission options below, and select the option that is best for you.
OPTION 1 – RECORD YOUR AUDITION WITH GOOGLE MEET
Option Requirements: Gmail account
This option allows you to schedule a time to perform via Google Meet. Appointments are available from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on the following dates: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 – Friday, March 27, 2020 and Tuesday, April 7, 2020 – Wednesday, April 8, 2020. Please email Brandon Lee or Matthew Tippel to arrange a performance time. If you select this option, they will send you a Google Meet invitation within a calendar appointment.
OPTION 2 – FLIPGRID: RECORD FLIPGRID VIDEO OF YOUR AUDITION
For band and orchestra auditions
Go to flipgrid.com/brebeufauditions. You may also access this site by scanning the following QR Code.
For choir and piano placement auditions
Go to flipgrid.com/brebeufvocal2024. You may also access this site by scanning the following QR Code.
OPTION 3 – GOOGLE DRIVE
Option Requirements: Record or convert to an MP4 or AVI file before submitting to the folder. Record your performance video, and upload to the appropriate folder using the links provided below.
For band and orchestra auditions, go to the following location to upload your audition file:
For choir and piano placement auditions, go to the following location to upload your file: