These placement auditions, like placement test, place students in the appropriate ensemble for their skill level. There is a place for all students in choir or piano. If families are unable to find an appointment that works for them, they may contact Mr. Matthew Tippel at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
- Available audition dates: April 19, April 23, and April 27
- All auditions will take place between 3:30-6:00 p.m.
- 15 minutes per student.
- Students will have access to a practice room to warm up prior to their audition time.
- Please park on the west end of the building by the baseball field and enter through Door 13.
- Auditions will take place in the Choir Room – Room 089
- Please fill out and submit to email@example.com or bring to your audition this Brebeuf Choir Assessment Form (choir only)
Tools to Prepare for Your Placement Audition
Print or view online the following songs and use the links to prepare for your vocal or piano placement audition. Students are also welcome, but not required, to bring one other piece of music to perform.
Ladies – Goodnight, My Someone (m.1-23)
- Sheet music: Goodnight My Someone_Ladies
- Vocal Recording: Goodnight My Someone-The Music Man
- Accompaniment: Goodnight My Someone-Accomp
Gentlemen – The Impossible Dream (m.1-18)
- Sheet music: Impossible Dream_Men
- Vocal Recording: The Impossible Dream
- Accompaniment: The Impossible Dream_2_Accomp
All – Gloria (refrain); learn your voice part (soprano, alto, tenor, bass)
- Ladies learn both Soprano and Alto. Gentlemen learn Baritone
- Sheet music: Gloria_SAB
- Vocal Recording: Gloria_Mass of Joy and Peace
- Accompaniment Recording: Gloria_Accomp
Piano – The Spinning Song
Please remember that this placement audition is not to determine whether you are a “good” or “bad” musician. They are meant to determine your current abilities and place you in an ensemble/class that will MOST BENEFIT YOU in your progress.
If you have any questions, please email Mr. Tippel at firstname.lastname@example.org.