Brebeuf Jesuit Pre-Med Club to Host Blood Drive November 10
The Brebeuf Jesuit Pre-Med Club is hosting a Blood Drive on Wednesday, November 10 from 9:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. in the Efroymson Auditorium. Students, faculty, staff, and parents are invited to participate. Click here to sign up for a time slot.
Did you know that 560 Units of blood are needed in Indiana Hospitals every day? There is a dire shortage of blood due to COVID-19, and because the blood supply has dropped to critically low levels, communities throughout the state face a potential crisis with less than a one-day supply of lifesaving blood available. Fall is a wonderful time to give back to your community. As the weather gets cooler, share your warmth and generosity by donating blood for people in need, and then keep donating all year long. Make your next donation at the Brebeuf Jesuit Pre-Med Club Blood Drive!
Questions about eligibility? In order to donate:
- Individuals must be in good health and not experiencing symptoms of cold or flu.
- Individuals must be 16 years or older. Those who are 16 may donate but must have a completed parent/guardian permission form, which you may find here. There is no maximum age for donation.
- Individuals must weigh at least 110 pounds. Donors aged 16-18 have special height and weight requirements, which you may view here.
- Individuals must have a valid driver’s license, passport, state issued ID, or student ID.
- Individuals must wear a mask while donating.
Also, please note:
- Donors’ temperatures will be taken at registration to ensure they are not elevated prior to entering donation areas
- Donors will be asked if they’ve come in contact with someone who’s tested positive for COVID-19 prior to donating.
- Donors will be asked to wash hands prior to screening.
- Donors will be asked if they are currently experiencing coughing or shortness of breath.
If any of the above is true, donors will be asked to self-defer.
It is recommended that individuals eat and hydrate well prior to donating blood. If you have additional questions about eligibility related to topics such as medications, travel, tattoos, etc., please contact Kashiun Pierce at email@example.com.
Any parents who would like to join us to donate blood must follow the standard check-in procedures at the Main Lobby Desk before proceeding to the Auditorium.
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Otteson in College Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org.