College Application Essay Seminar for Juniors (Rising Seniors) This Summer
This summer, the College Application Essay Seminar is again being offered by Ms. Brown, former English teacher, current Learning Center Director.
The class will be offered three times this summer: June 4-June 8, June 11-June 15, or July 9-July 13. Class will be held in the Learning Center (Rooms 111 and 113) from 8:30-11:30 a.m. each day.
Students may choose the week which best fits their schedule. The class number will cap at 22 students per week.
In this course, students:
- Will complete an average of 6-8 college essays in order to create a strong working portfolio to be used in the application process in the fall.
- Would be very wise to have researched the essay requirements from the schools to which they intend to apply prior to beginning the class.
- Will use the prompts created by the Common Application.
- Will write, review, and discuss essays in class.
- Will write using their own devices and share all documents with Ms. Brown via Google Drive.
Cost for the class is $200.00 and will be billed directly to the student’s Brebeuf Jesuit account. A brief registration needs to be completed by the student. All students may pick up additional information in Room 113 (the Learning Center), in the College Counseling Office, or in the Academic Counseling offices.
Students will abide by the guidelines of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) as outlined in the Brebeuf Jesuit Handbook.
For more information or any questions, please contact Ms. Patti Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.524.7027.