BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Title of Position
Religious Studies Teacher
This position reports to the Principal and the Religious Studies Chairperson.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Teach: Five sections of Religious Studies courses per semester
- Work collaboratively with the department in the development of curriculum
- Participate in departmental and school-wide professional development initiatives (examples: technology training, Ignatian education workshops)
- Participate in the extracurricular life of the students and the school
- Teach and lead students in accordance with Ignatian educational principles and the mission of Brebeuf Jesuit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies, Theology and/or Divinity Studies
- Prior background and experience in the study, practice, and teaching of Religious Studies
- Sensitivity to diversity
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic
- Master’s Degree in any of the disciplines listed above
- Experience working in an interreligious setting
Instructions for Applying
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.