BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Assistant Director of Campus Ministry
The Assistant Director of Campus Ministry will report to the Director of Campus Ministry and help the department implement its comprehensive program of witness, accompaniment, and retreat ministries, as outlined in the department’s statement of purpose. The Director and Assistant Director will plan together for an effective division of labor, making the best use of the particular gifts of each individual. Daily face to face communication is essential to executing and adjusting department planning.
Assistant Director of Campus Ministry Job Description
Click here to download a packet to learn more about this position.
In conversation and collaboration with the Director of Campus Ministry, the Assistant Director’s primary areas of focus and responsibility will include:
- Create an engaging and welcoming classroom environment which challenges and meets the needs of all students.
- Schedule, plan, and execute Freshmen Retreat.
- Schedule, plan, and execute Sophomore Retreat.
- Plan and execute Kairos Retreat.
- Ministry of presence to the Student population
- Participate in individual, departmental and school-wide professional development which are supported by school funds.
- Participate in and support the religious life and the extracurricular life of the students and the school.
- Act as a personal example of those attributes to which we call our students (the “Grad at Grad”): open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- B.A. in Theology/Ministry (or equivalent knowledge gained through experience)
- Practicing Catholic
- Thorough knowledge of Catholic liturgy and ability to plan and execute liturgical services including Mass.
- M.A. in Theology/Ministry
- Youth Ministry Certification
- Experience with retreat organization and/or leadership training
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.