BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Educational Technology Specialist
The Educational Technology Specialist will assist the faculty and staff in integrating
appropriate and innovative technologies to support, enhance and extend learning in and out of the classroom. The EdTech specialist reports to the Chief Information Officer and will be a member of the technology team while coordinating with a number of other groups including the Principal’s office and Department Chairs as needed. The 10 month/year (Academic Year + 10 days) position may begin as early as July of 2021.
Brebeuf actively seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty and develop an inclusive community therefore underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Educational Technology Specialist Job Description
Click here to download a packet to learn more about this position.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to design, develop, and deliver educational technology initiatives that align with the mission of the school and the needs of the classroom.
- Support the integration of technology through daily planning, advising, collaborating, and training of teachers and staff in and out of the classroom through individual and small group training opportunities.
- Facilitate the scheduling and agenda of the Educational Technology Committee for the purpose of evaluating software and hardware purchases and renewals for instruction, setting school and department goals for the use of technology, and evaluating progress toward those goals.
- Research and propose new ways to enhance teaching and learning to promote school-wide mission and technology related goals.
- Understand and promote the continued use of the school mission, Jesuit educational principles, and digital citizenship and technology standards in and out of the classroom.
- Create regular communications to Teachers, Staff, and other groups as identified about new opportunities, successes, and challenges with technology.
- Coordinate the use of the Teacher Resource Room as an inviting place for teachers to learn and grow.
- Maintain a schedule of regular offerings of effective training for teachers including but not limited to training on school-standard apps and software, EdTech oriented certifications, and more
- Maintain both written and video tutorials as needed that can be accessed by teachers and students.
- Work with the Technology department on major projects and initiatives that may include some level of hardware and technical support (under 10% of total workload)
- Act as a personal example of those attributes to which we call our students (the “Grad at Grad”): open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certifications in a related field.
- Three to five years of experience in education (classroom experience preferred) or equivalent training.
- Strong interest in pedagogy and innovation
- Sensitivity to and appreciation for diversity, with demonstrated ability to relate to individuals with compassion
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
- Experience with Google Workspace for education and a variety of other EdTech tools
- Experience and comfort working within a Bring-Your-Own-Technology environment
- Working knowledge of the Society of Jesus and its role in education
- Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Application deadline: June 4, 2021
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.