BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
TITLE OF POSITION: Head Boys Golf Coach
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position reports to the Director of Athletics.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Directly responsible for all Boys Golf activities at Brebeuf Jesuit.
- Use sound proven methods of coaching and display knowledge and innovation of sport.
- Maintain competency in rules, rule interpretations, game operations, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport, IHSAA, NFHS, & USGA.
- Design, oversee, and administrate highly structured off-season programs.
- Exhibit acceptable personal conduct and appearance before, during, and after practice and contests.
- Support all levels of the program at Brebeuf Jesuit.
- Recruitment, administration and evaluation of assistant coaching staff.
- Work closely with admissions officers to identify, attract and enroll student-athletes.
- Duties as assigned by the Brebeuf Jesuit athletic administration.
- Work with other coaches to facilitate multi-sport athletes, and with school staff to facilitate students’ pursuit of academic development and faith formation.
- Model all points of the Coaches’ Pledge
- Model Brebeuf Jesuit’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of head coaching experience
- 10+ years of collegiate and/or professional playing and/or coaching expeerience
- 2+ years of professional responsibility in secondary education
- Evidence of strong interpersonal, management, computer, and communication skills
- Evidence of collaborative leadership
- Sensitivity to diversity
- Experience in school athletic program administration
- Experience in a Jesuit educational setting
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
Please send resume, cover letter and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, September 3, 2017. Please include the following in the subject line of all emails: Applicant first and last name, re: Head Boys Golf Coach.