BREBEUF JESUIT MISSION STATEMENT
Brebeuf Jesuit, a Catholic and Jesuit school, provides an excellent college preparatory education for a lifetime of service by forming leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious and committed to promoting justice. Fostering a culture of understanding and dialogue, Brebeuf Jesuit seeks and welcomes students from diverse religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Students at Brebeuf Jesuit are called to discover and cultivate the fullness of their God-given talents as a responsibility and as an act of worship.
Start date: August 2017
End date: Mid-November 2017
Position duties include a full-time teaching load of five classes per semester, and other school duties as assigned.
TITLE OF POSITION: Latin Teacher (Maternity Leave)
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position reports to the department chair and principal.
(Note: The following list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. Others may be assigned, subject to reasonable accommodations.)
- Create an engaging and welcoming classroom environment which challenges and meets the needs of all students.
- Collaborate with colleagues within and beyond one’s academic department, as well as school counselors and other educators, in a collegial atmosphere to foster the “whole-person” development of every student.
- Participate in a technology-rich teaching and learning environment, including 1:1 Bring Your Own Technology for all students.
- Actively and regularly engage parents in communication about student progress.
- Participate in individual, departmental and school-wide professional development which are supported by school funds.
- Participate in and support the religious life and the extracurricular life of the students and the school.
- Act as a personal example of those attributes to which we call our students (the “Grad at Grad”): open to growth, intellectually competent, loving, religious, and committed to promoting justice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the teaching content area
- Prior experience in a classroom setting and/or as a leader and developer of young people
- Commitment to the success of every student
- Values a diversity of perspectives, traditions, and contributions
- Desire to develop one’s own faith and to bring it to bear in one’s work as an educator
- Indiana Teaching License in the content area preferred
- Master’s Degree in the content area or related field, or willingness to pursue a Master’s Degree
Instructions for Applying
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.