New 2020-2021 Brebeuf Schedule Test Run
In the 2020-2021 school year, Brebeuf will introduce a new class schedule to better utilize our students’ valuable time during the school day and enhance their educational experience at Brebeuf Jesuit.
A day-by-day list of the first two weeks of spring semester is below.
- Monday, January 6, 2020: Current Day 1
- Tuesday, January 7: New Day 1
- Wednesday, January 8: New Day 2
- Thursday, January 9: New Day 3
- Friday, January 10: New Day 4
- Monday, January 13: New Day 5
- Tuesday, January 14: New Day 6
- Wednesday, January 15: New Day 7
- Thursday, January 16: New Day 8
- Friday, January 17: Current Day 1
During the 8-day test run:
- Freshmen and sophomores are expected to be on campus for the entire day, everyday. Juniors and Seniors will have the same privilege as in our current policy: If their day starts or ends with a break, they are free to arrive late (in time for their first class) or leave early. Should a student leave early, they are not permitted to return to campus until after 3:30 p.m.
- The lunch serving line will be open from 10:35-12:50. Student lunch periods will be determined by the class that meets during that time, which varies each day. For example, on the new Day 1 schedule, it is period 6 that meets during lunchtime, and your period 6 class might have the first, second, or third lunch time around that class. Your period 6 teacher will let you know which. If you have break period 6, you may use that entire time as you do now for a free period, whether that is for lunch, or something else.
- Note that we have an 8:30 start time and a 3:35 end time in the new schedule.
- Zero hour classes will meet from 7:30-8:15am, during the two-week test run.
- Daily Mass in the Chapel will be available at the usual 7:45am time each day.
- After-school activities and practices will continue as usual, and if any time adjustments need to be made, your coaches or moderators will let you know.
- Students enrolled in Community Service: Community service classes will be rescheduled to meet during a student’s break period, ONCE during the 8-day cycle. They will NOT meet during PRTs during the test run. The rosters and schedule of where and when community service classes meet during the test run can be found in the email from Mr. VanSlambrook to all students that was sent to all students on December 17.
- Students who are enrolled in community service must see this schedule to know when and where to attend your class.
- All sophomores: PRT college counseling seminar classes will be rescheduled to meet during a student’s break period, ONCE during the 8-day cycle. They will NOT meet during PRTs during the test run. The rosters and schedule of where and when college counseling seminar classes meet during the test run can be found can be found in the email from Mr. VanSlambrook to all students that was sent to all students on December 17.All sophomores must see this schedule to know when and where to attend your class.
- PRT science classes will NOT meet.
- PRT class meetings (required for all students) will happen on the second week of school as usual, in the Chapel, according to the following schedule:
- Freshmen: Wednesday January 15, 1:55 p.m. PRT
- Sophomores: Thursday January 16, 10:35 a.m. PRT
- Juniors: Wednesday January 15, 10:35 a.m. PRT
- Seniors: Tuesday January 14, 10:35 a.m. PRT
Beginning the week of January 20, 2020, we return to our current cycle as already planned. Following the test run, all students, as well as parents, will have the opportunity to share feedback with us, via online survey forms and other methods. I am happy to receive feedback or questions any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see the full schedule for the January test run, as well as detailed information regarding the new schedule and frequently asked questions, click here.
New 2020-2021 Lunch Schedule