Novel Coronavirus – COVID-19 – Update
The following was sent to Brebeuf families on March 9, 2020.
Dear Brebeuf Jesuit Families
We maintain a vigilant focus on the developments around the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, as it is now confirmed in the Indianapolis area. We wish to provide another update to keep our families informed about Brebeuf Jesuit’s planning and contingency measures.
A few updates:
- There are no known cases in the Brebeuf Jesuit community at this time.
- Brebeuf Jesuit has cancelled all school-sponsored international travel over spring break, including the scheduled trips to Toulouse, France, the Oxford Spring Seminar, and the El Salvador immersion trip. Information regarding refunds and rescheduling will be communicated by trip leaders to participants.
- As spring break draws closer, you are encouraged to review travel warnings issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Should you and your family still choose to travel to high-risk areas, please know that health officials will likely direct you to self-quarantine upon your return. Brebeuf Jesuit will also ask that your family follow all health protocols in such a situation.
- Should there become a need for Brebeuf Jesuit to temporarily close, our faculty and staff will be prepared to move into E-Learning for both short and extended periods of time if necessary.
As we sent last week, we wish to reiterate public health guidelines for prevention of the spread of any illness
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, and for a 24-hour period following a fever.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Our facilities staff continues to apply regular disinfectant treatment in our school, and we remain prepared to take extra cleaning measures.
Again, if you are sick, please stay home to avoid spreading illness.
Learn about the symptoms of COVID-19 using public health resources such as: