Novel Coronavirus Update
The following was sent to Brebeuf families on March 2, 2020.
Dear Brebeuf Jesuit Families,
We are taking proactive measures in preparation for potential impacts of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), should that be necessary in our community.
The most important thing that all of our community members should be doing at this time, is the practice of good health hygiene to prevent the spread of any illness, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, and for a 24-hour period following a fever.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Our facilities staff applies regular disinfectant treatment in our school, and as conditions warrant, we will be prepared to take extra cleaning measures.
Again, if you are sick, please stay home to avoid spreading illness. Learn about the symptoms of COVID-19 using public health resources such as:
Self-assess, see your doctor if you are unsure, and make sure you are healthy before returning to school.
We are currently evaluating all upcoming school-sponsored student trips. If you are a participant on one of these trips, you can expect to receive regular updates from your staff coordinator, who will keep you apprised should it become necessary to cancel.
In the event that school would need to close, we would expect to implement our E-Learning protocols for teachers and students and would send detailed information at that time.