Prom 2017 Information
This information is intended to help families finalize plans for this year’s Junior-Senior Prom and After-Prom.
Prom 2017, Gatsby, will be held Saturday, April 22, at The Fountain Square Theater from 7:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. After-Prom will once again be held at Brebeuf Jesuit following Prom from 11:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- The doors to The Fountain Square Theater will open at 7:30 p.m.
- Students must arrive by 8:15 p.m. to be admitted to Prom.
- Students and guests must have a valid student ID to be admitted.
- This year, dinner will not be served at Prom. Limited quantities of appetizers and desserts will be available at the beginning of the event.
- Students are allowed to leave Prom at any time, but will not be readmitted once they leave.
- Doors to After-Prom will open at 11:00 p.m. Students must arrive by 11:30 p.m. to be admitted. Student IDs must again be presented to be admitted to After-Prom. Students can again leave After-Prom at any time, but will not be readmitted once they leave.
Prom tickets can be purchased in the Dean’s Office for $50.00 per person, during regular school hours, Tuesday, April 11 through Thursday, April 13.
The Class of 2017 has put a great deal of time and effort into planning this very special celebration. It is critical for us to join together to reinforce the idea with our students that there is no need to abuse alcohol or drugs to have a good time on Prom night. Chaperones at both Prom and After-Prom will report any students found using drugs or alcohol at either event. Due to Prom and After-Prom being official, school-sponsored events, school rules will be in effect and disciplinary actions will be taken.
A meeting with all students attending Prom will be held on Tuesday, April 18 during the 8:55 a.m. PRT in the gym to discuss these expectations. Should parents have any questions regarding any part of the evening, please call Dean Adams at 317.524.7157.
Admission to After-Prom is free and students who choose not to attend Prom may still attend After-Prom. Students not attending Prom but interested in attending After-Prom, must see Mr. Keele in the Learning Center to fill out an After-Prom form. Festivities include a DJ, inflatables, dancing, prizes, and great food. Most students bring a duffel bag and change of clothes; these bags will be numerically tagged and checked. Hangers and plastic dry cleaning bags will be available, and students can plan to change out of their Prom clothes at Brebeuf.
Parents, please share the contents of this message with your child and have a conversation specifically establishing your expectations and their responsibilities. We also request that Brebeuf Jesuit parents neither plan nor permit parties that compete with this special event. We join you in looking forward to seeing our upperclassmen spruced up and enjoying the event. Many thanks as we work together to keep those we love safe and happy on this special night.