Loves About Brebeuf
Brebeuf fosters a sense of belonging among its students. There is an air of acceptance that flows through the faculty, staff, and students which gives everyone the capacity to grow. Brebeuf pushes every one of us to be ourselves and to develop an academic identity that coincides with our passions and morals. There truly is no place like Brebeuf, that lives to their mission, exemplifies it in their students, and accepts criticism. I also love the energy of the school. Working with and for others allows for everyone, with their backgrounds and perspectives, to merge and create our own truths as a community. Also our bell sounds funny, and I like it.
I currently do not have any because I barely know what I am doing today, but I plan on going to the future. And also college.
Teams & Co-Curriculars
- Tennis team
- Diving team
- Principal photographer
- National Honor Society
- Social Justice Club President
- STRAP (Students Taking Responsibility Against Poverty) President
- Model UN Officer
- Conservation Club Education Coordinator
- Yearbook editor
- Freshmen Orientation Leader
- Proud theatre kid (come see Joseph and the Amazing TechnicolorDreamcoat in March!)
- If I were to buy a jellyfish, I would name it Peanut Butter.
- Mr. Kantz knows my name.
- I like fun socks.
- My second favorite word is “or” (it has endless possibilities, but I am bad at decisions and there is nothing definitive about “or”).
- I only drink soda if it’s somebody else’s.
- I plan other people’s Disney World trips.
Where would you travel if time and money weren’t an issue?
Titanic shipwreck or Brazil or Thailand or Greece or somewhere outside the Milky Way
What is your silliest or most irrational fear?
Doors. I am very bad at them, and they are intimidating. Also needles, and it is completely irrational, but I PANIC.
What is something you have learned in the last week?
Whales adopt other animals and objects.
Penguins waddle funny on land because their flubber/feathers covers their knees like how a sweatshirt would ours.
What are some small things that make your day better?
- Saying “good morning” to everyone all day and seeing their confused faces because it is 3:01
- My daily visits to the Social Studies department (even though they may not enjoy it as much as I do)
- I love going to rehearsal because everyone checks their worries at the door.
- Dancing when it’s not appropriate
- Talking with my friends or my brother in the car
What is your current favorite show or series on TV, Netflix, etc?
Anything true crime related I find absolutely calming. However, I have seen so many shows, as I have an addiction to stories, that picking a favorite is next to impossible. But, to be basic and to give an answer, Black Mirror is very interesting.
Rank the following from 1-5, with 1 being the most awesome, and 5 being the least awesome: High-waisted trousers, bouncy castles, the ugliest carrot in the bag, smudgy phone screens, awkward family photos
- The ugliest carrot in the bag
- Awkward family photos
- High-waisted trousers
- Bouncy castles
- Smudgy Phone Screen
If you could add anyone to Mount Rushmore, who would it be and why?
Black Hawk, Susan B. Anthony, Maya Angelou, or Mary McLeod Bethune because representation, acknowledgement, and appreciation are important.
Also a miniature Mount Rushmore (maybe in the parking lot) of the Social Studies department and Mr. Mensel and Ms. McKinney-Torres and Mr. Pettigrew and Ms. Hennessy and Mr. Strader and Mr. G, because they spread so much joy and that deserves recognition.