Loves About Brebeuf
I love that as a student at Brebeuf, I am taught to truly think critically beyond the classroom. There are so many unique opportunities to learn from my peers, for example, through Diversity Dialogues and traveling to other states or countries for service or immersion. We are also encouraged to not only be informed of, but to care about current events and problems that are occurring around the world.
I just finished applying to 12 different schools all over the country, hopefully to study a combination of international relations, political sciences, and film studies. If I don’t end up attending a school in a big city like Chicago or New York, then I definitely want to live in one after I graduate, with a small, portable dog to explore the city with!
My favorite classes I have taken at Brebeuf would definitely be Theatre I with Mr. Strader, and AP Psychology with Mr. Petty. Theatre was a mixture of upper and lower classmen, and it was a fun way to get to know new people as a freshman; not to mention, I wouldn’t be involved in Brebeuf Theatre if it weren’t for taking that class! Psychology is such an engaging and interesting subject, and I loved that I learned something new and relevant every day.
Teams & Co-Curriculars
- Girls Lacrosse Team
- Leader in Social Justice Club
- Member of Asian Student Union and Jewish Student Union
- Brebeuf Theatre: Spring Musical and Fall Play
- Mentor at Nora Elementary
- Admissions Ambassador
- Irish Dancer
- Lifeguard at Woodstock Country Club
- I have been vegetarian for a year.
- I used to played the cello, and I was a part of a youth orchestra for about nine years.
- I am named after St. Kateri Tekakwitha, a Native American Saint– Kateri translates to “eye of the sun”, and Tekakwitha translates to “she who bumps into things.”
- I went skydiving a few summers ago.
- My whole life I have been unable to say the word “pretzel” correctly.
What is your current favorite show or series on tv, Netflix, etc?
I am much more of a movie person, but it all depends on my mood. If I need a good cry, I’ll watch This is Us, but if I want a more lighthearted show I’ll watch Queer Eye or That 70s Show.
What is the silliest/most irrational fear you have?
I tend to overreact when I get the slightest symptoms of any sickness or cough, and I will self-diagnose myself on WebMD which will lead me to believe that I have a disease, when really I just have a cold.
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
I love all of the sushi at Sushi Bar in Broad Ripple, but I could certainly eat the shrimp tempura roll for the rest of my life.
If you had intro music, what song would it be?
“Glitter” by Tyler, the Creator. This song is an instant mood booster and it reminds me of summer and it describes my fiery personality!!