ARE YOU REGISTERED TO VOTE?
Your Voice Matters!
Check out the information below to know if you are registered and what you need for Election Day!
Can’t vote? See what you can do to help and get involved!
- Must be born before November 3, 2002
- Must have a state-issued I.D.
- Must have lived at current address for 30 days
You can register online before October 5 at these websites:
1) Early in-person voting begins October 6
2) Request an absentee ballot by October 22:
3) Voting in Person
Election Day – November 3
Polls are open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Polls are open from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on November 3
- If you’re in line at 6:00 p.m., STAY IN LINE – you can still vote
- Bring a Photo ID
- Polling Location should be listed on your voter registration
- If unsure, visit: https://indianavoters.in.gov
- If needed, you can bring literature / paper into the voting booth to remind you of who you’re voting for
- COVID information regarding polling
- Wear a mask
- Maintain distance from others
Pollworking and Registration
Polling centers need high schoolers to work the polls. Students can earn upwards of $100.
Requirements to work the polls:
- Must be born before November 3, 2004
- 16 and 17 year olds are able to work the polls as well through the Hoosier Hall Pass Program (https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/files/hoosierhallpass.pdf)
- Must have 3.0 GPA and written permission
Step 1: Register to work the polls:
Marion County (16+): https://www.indy.gov/activity/apply-for-a-poll-worker-position
- 16+ can apply for a poll worker position here
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email with directions to a portal where you can upload your permission slip, or email your slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamilton County (18+):https://www.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/1351/Poll-Worker-Form
- If you are 16 or 17 AND in Hamilton County, skip to step two.
Step 2: Students who will be missing school must submit a permission slip, signed in the Principal’s Office and by your parents:
- Submit your permission slip through your registration portal or email a scanned copy to email@example.com.
- 16 and 17 year olds should email form to: Bethany.firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- Only full shifts (5a-7p)
- Pay: $105 with $20 meal allowance
- Half shifts available
- Pay: $50 per half shift